If you'd like to take a more active role in EAL/LA, consider joining Leadership Council (LC) as an At-Large Member. At-Large Members (ALM) ensure the mission of vision of EAL/LA are fulfilled by providing hands-on work in programming, marketing and communications, and development.
Applications for the Leadership Council open in the late spring each year. Check back to this page for more details.
Benefits of being an ALM
- $350 Personal Professional Development Fund
- Free classes at the Center for Nonprofit Management
- Hands-on professional development, board service, and leadership experience
- New friends & networks galore (citywide, statewide & nationwide)!
Responsibilities of an ALM
- Be an engaged member of EAL/LA and the LC (attendance at a minimum of 75% of meetings)
- Attend monthly meetings and events (about 2-3 per month)
- Devote about 2-8 hours a month on LC work
- Be an ambassador for EAL/LA at events, at your job, with your friends, etc.