If you'd like to take a more active role in EAL/LA, consider joining Leadership Council (LC) as an At-Large Member. At-Large Members (ALM) ensure the mission of vision of EAL/LA are fulfilled by providing hands-on work in programming, marketing and communications, and development.
Applications for At-Large Members open in the spring of each year, check back for more information.
Benefits of being an ALM
- $350 Personal Professional Development Fund
- Free classes at the Center for Nonprofit Management
- Hands-on professional development, board service, and leadership experience
- New friends & networks galore (citywide, statewide & nationwide)!
Responsibilities of an ALM
- Be an engaged member of EAL/LA and the LC (attendance at a minimum of 75% of meetings)
- Attend monthly meetings and events (about 2-3 per month)
- Devote about 2-8 hours a month on LC work
- Be an ambassador for EAL/LA at events, at your job, with your friends, etc.